The South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is currently accepting applications for admission to the Summer 2015 term.
Applying for Admission
Complete the following steps in applying for admission to the Summer 2015 term of the South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program:
- Download our DPT Application and DPT Reference Checklist when applying for admission to the South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
- Complete all sections of the Application for Admission, answering each question carefully and in its entirety. Responses should be typed into the electronic version of the application prior to printing.
- Submit Application for Admission and Application Fee. Mail a hard copy of the completed Application for Admission to: South College, School of Physical Therapy, ATTN: DPT Admissions, 3904 Lonas Drive, Knoxville, TN 37909. Include a check or money order for the $60.00 non-refundable application fee along with the hard copy of the completed Application for Admission.
- Submit all supporting materials:
Application Review: The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will review all completed applications (i.e., application and all supporting materials received) in the order of receipt. Applicants are evaluated based on Cumulative GPA, Prerequisite GPA, GRE Verbal Percentile Rank, GRE Quantitative Percentile Rank, References, and Personal Essay. Other factors considered, but not required, include Relevant Work Experience and/or Observation Hours and Prior Military Experience. The DPT Admissions Committee will use this evaluative process to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants. The DPT admissions committee will grant admission interviews by invitation only.
Interview process: The DPT Admissions Coordinator will schedule interviews for all selected applicants. Prior to the interview, applicants will complete a self-assessment of their readiness for a blended learning educational model (i.e., online and onsite components). All interviews will be conducted through live web-based interface between selected applicants and members of the faculty.
Selection Process: The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will accept students into the program based on a holistic evaluation of their application, supporting documents, and interview. All applicants will be notified by email and mail regarding final selection decisions.
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must request that official transcripts be sent directly to South College from all colleges and universities attended. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. If submitting by mail, official transcripts should be mailed to: South College, School of Physical Therapy, ATTN: DPT Admissions, 3904 Lonas Drive, Knoxville, TN 37909. If submitting electronically, South College accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems. Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): All GRE scores must be officially reported to South College. The South College GRE code is 1310. The last acceptable GRE test date for this admissions cycle is 05/01/2015. The GRE must be completed within the last 5 years*; therefore, the oldest GRE test date considered for this admissions cycle is 05/15/2010. The DPT program does not require a minimum GRE score; however, higher scores are better since the GRE is factored into applicant ranking. *Exception: Applicants with a documented post-graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution may report earlier GRE scores. Transcripts of post-graduate education must also be provided.
- References: Two references are required from all applicants. The first reference must be a licensed physical therapist and the second reference may be from a person of your choosing; however, references cannot consist of family, friends, clergy, or politicians. All references must be completed using the South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Reference Checklist. Completed Reference Checklists may be mailed, submitted electronically, or faxed. If submitting by mail, completed Reference Checklists must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the signature of the individual providing the reference written across the seal along with the Application for Admission and Application Fee. If submitting electronically, the individual providing the reference may email the completed Reference Checklist to the attention of Carrie Major, South College Admissions office, at email@example.com. If submitting by fax, the individual providing the reference may fax the completed Reference Checklist to the attention of Carrie Major, South College Admissions office, at 865-584-7048.
Submission of additional information and materials may be requested. The applicant is responsible for timely submission of additional information and materials that may be requested. If these requests cannot be fulfilled immediately, the applicant should contact Carrie Major, South College Admissions office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting completed Applications for Admission and all supporting materials in applying for admission to the Summer 2015 term of the South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is May 15, 2015.
Updated: January 29, 2015