If someone says “college,” does a four-year program pop into your head? If you’re like most people, it does. But, there are alternatives to the four-year path that can help you reach towards success in less time! One of the best alternatives to the traditional college path is an associate degree.
These programs are quick and often more affordable than a four-year path. This makes them a great choice for people who are ready to get to work or students who have a lot to balance in their lives. You can launch a career with only two years (or sometimes less!) of higher education and make more money than you probably think!
Of course, the end goal of any degree is to start your career. So, do great associate degree jobs exist? Are they meaningful? Are they enjoyable? And are they financially rewarding?
Here are 5 examples out of many careers that need an associate degree, their average income, and expected job increase. All data was taken from The Department of Labor Statistics’ Employment Projections chart. The jobs span a wide range of interests, and all required programs are available at South College. See for yourself how you can get your career started with an associate degree!
- Diagnostic medical sonographers
- $69,650 average annual salary
- 23.2% increase in available jobs predicted from 2016 to 2026
- Answer and help solve many life-changing medical questions
- Computer network support specialists
- $62,670 average annual salary
- 8.3% increase in available jobs predicted from 2016 to 2026
- Keep people connected to the world through the internet
- Electrical and electronics engineering technicians
- $62,190 average annual salary
- 2% increase in available jobs predicted from 2016 to 2026
- Design, develop, and test the newest technological breakthroughs
- Paralegals and legal assistants
- $49,500 average annual salary
- 14.6% increase in available jobs predicted from 2016 to 2026
- Support lawyers in advising and representing on important legal issues
- Medical and clinical laboratory technicians
- $38,950 average annual salary
- 14% increase in available jobs predicted from 2016 to 2026
- Collect samples and perform valuable medical tests for patients
If you want to spend less time in the classroom and more time working, an associate degree is an excellent choice. You can also save money compared to most four-year programs and start making money fast. If you’re ready to get started on your journey, request more information about our programs today!
With an associate degree from South College, your future is looking bright!